UCLA RUGBY SUMMER CAMP
Dates – TBA
The 2017 UCLA Rugby Summer Camp will assist young players with overall skill and tactical development in an environment emphasizing values such as teamwork, sportsmanship and camaraderie. Each day will be packed with physical, tactical, mental and academic workshops ending in various fun competitions designed to maximize the potential of each player. Head Coach Scott Stewart will be evaluating the talent, work ethic and character of those campers that are interested in attending UCLA and someday pulling on a Bruin jersey. Join us this July to experience UCLA Rugby!
Ages: Boys Aged 12-18 & 7-12
Costs: Overnighters $595; Commuters $425
Registration: This will open in 2017
• Please go to uclaclubsports.com
• Click on Camps/Clinics from the menu across the top, then click register
• From the “Categories” Pull Down Menu select Su 2017
• Click on Rugby Camp, choose Commuter or Overnight, complete forms and return to Brian Smith email@example.com
Should you have any questions please contact Scott Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org
*We encourage all parents and guardians to attend the scrimmages on the final day at the IM Field!
Typical Daily Schedule
0800 – Wake Up
0830 – Breakfast
0930 – Meeting – Check-in (Commuters) 1000 – Skills Session
1200 – Lunch
1330 – Classroom
1500 – Field Competitions
1630 – Pool
1730 – Pick Up (Commuters)
1830 – Dinner
2000 – Video / Technical Meeting
2130 – Room Check
2230 – Lights Out
• First Day Check-In: TBA, 1400 – 1600, UCLA Residence Hall (TBA)
• Last Day Check-Out: TBA, 1500-1600 – IM Field, UCLA
• All Overnighters will stay & eat in UCLA Residences which are supervised 24 hours per day.
• First Day Check-In: TBA – IM Field, UCLA
• Last Day Check-Out : TBA – IM Field, UCLA
Should you be arriving late, please use a pay-by-space parking spot located in Parking Structure 4 and walk your participant to the IM Field. When picking up participants, please be prepared to show picture identification!
What to Bring
Rugby Shorts, Boots, Socks, Jersey, Running Shoes, Mouth Guard, Toiletries, Personal Clothing, Sunscreen
For overnighters all bedding and towels will be provided.
All Meals will be taken in the Residence Hall
• Overnight Campers will be provided the the first day’s dinner through the last day’s Lunch.
• Commuters will be provided Lunch each day.
For Campers flying in to Los Angeles, please book a round trip on the Super Shuttle www.supershuttle.com (800-258-3826) from LAX to De Neuve Plaza at UCLA. We will update any new information regarding ground transportation and drop-off location 2 weeks before the camp begins.
Scott Stewart – Head Coach
13 Years as UCLA Head Coach
64 International Appearances for Canada (3 World Cups)
Member Canada 7’s Team 1991-97 (2 World Cups)
Former Professional player for London Harlequins, Bedford Blues and Dax
Scott Murray – Assistant Coach
1 Year as UCLA Assistant Coach
86 International Appearances for Scotland (3 World Cups)
Former Professional Player at Bedford, Saracens, Castres
Instructors & Athletic Trainers
The Camp instructors will include our current Coaching Staff, current and former Bruin players, specialists in nutrition, mental preparation, strength and conditioning and academic preparation. Our Athletic training staff will be present at all sessions to handle any camper medical needs through out the course of the camp. All water, ice and support will be provided to ensure a safe and positive camp experience.